What is the unconscious mind?
We have a Conscious Mind and an Unconscious Mind.
The Conscious Mind is, for example, is you from the neck up. This is the part of you that has eyes wide open, looking out at the world, making decisions and doing what you do on any given day. Great. But that’s only 10% of who you are.
The other 90%, let’s say, for example, is you from the neck down, this is your Unconscious Mind.
Your Unconscious is the storehouse, the holographic library, of every single moment of your life.
Every word you’ve ever spoken, every word ever spoken to you, every thought you’ve ever had, every experience you’ve ever encountered, every action you’ve ever taken, every single moment of your life, your body has a memory of.
And these memories are not all stored in your brain; they’re stored throughout your body on a cellular level, also known as cellular memory.
Attached to every one of these memories is a belief. So if you’re forty years old, and you had an experience this morning, it’s the memory and the belief of a 40-year-old.
But if something happened to you when you were 8, for example, it’s the memory and the belief of an 8-year-old. And if that 8-year old’s memory and that 8-year old’s belief has not been properly addressed, then that 8-year old’s memory and that 8 years old’s belief is just as powerful today as it was back then.
We all like to believe that we know what our strengths are, what our weaknesses are and believe that we are in control. But that’s not the case for anyone for that matter. It’s not the Conscious Mind that runs the show; it’s your Unconscious.
So whenever I am attempting to solve a problem I never work with the Conscious Mind. It takes far too long and is far too misleading and tedious.
Einstein loosely said that you cannot solve a problem
with the same mind that created it.
So what we want to do, is access your Unconscious, the 90% of who you truly are, the holographic library that has a memory of every single moment of your life, the library that has all the hidden answers to life’s most important questions, the library that holds the blueprint for your perfect health. And we have your Unconscious work with us to solve the problem and co-create the life you were born to live.
So we need to get your unconscious on board. It’s 90% of what’s going on in your brain, do the math.
For traditional coaching tools, the traditional consulting tools are fabulous and they only use 10% of your brain – 10%. They’re working cognitively, they’re working with your linguistics – 10% of your brain.
Do you think it might be helpful if we could get the other 90% of your brain working on your behalf?
Milton Erickson, the 20th century’s most notable Hypnotherapist, said that patients are patients because they are out of rapport with their unconscious mind.
So how do we get rapport and reprogram the unconscious mind to get what we want?
1. You have to be specific. You have to focus on your desired outcome. It’s best to concentrate on one goal at a time. When you find your mind focusing on fears, limiting beliefs, why you can’t achieve it – you must train your brain to change that pattern of thinking immediately. You must concentrate and decide that you are going to achieve your desired outcome. No matter what. If it’s been done before, you can model behaviour and achieve it. This is, of course, context-dependent. If you want to win a Gold at the Olympics, but are not a high-performance athlete in that sport who is training at that level, then that is not an ecological goal.
2. Identify behavioural patterns, limiting beliefs and triggers. This type of work is best done with a coach or training program.
3. Replace strategies that are not valuable. Learn new ones and replace the old ones with empowering ones. Practise your new strategies consistently and consciously.
4. Learn to live in the “Now” and be mindful. Slow down enough to listen to your thought patterns and to feel your emotions.
5. Examine what you believe. If you have a secondary gain or believe that you have a benefit to holding onto something, you will struggle to change your situation or behaviour. Again, working with a coach to re-program your unconscious mind and get to the root cause of your decision can be life-changing.
6. Meditate, eat a healthy diet and exercise regularity to maximize brain power.
7. Eliminate stimulants and depressants.
8. Hire a reputable NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) Coach, Practitioner or Hypnotherapist and dive deep into a series of coaching sessions that can help you unleash your potential and help you reprogram your unconscious mind to make amazing changes and to help you live a full, happy and rewarding life.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!